Friday, January 27, 2017

Becoming Love

For my Ethics and Values class I have been studying the moral philosophies of Kant and it's causing me to question many things about this existence, primarily the intent of actions. What I am coming to understand concerning this reality is that all human actions, behaviors, and beliefs are derived from two sources. One is fear, the other is love. The first is fueled exclusively by selfishness, the second is driven purely by selflessness.
How many of the choices that I make on a day to day basis are actually conceived out of pure love, a selfless intention?
When I reflect on my motives and intentions, I realize that I am wicked and wretched man, for most of my day to day actions are derived from selfish motives; they are derived from fear.
If I am full of fear, then I am not Being of love. If I am not a Being of love, as God is, then I can not be in harmony with Him nor be in His presence, for in order for one to be in His presence they must be like He is; Love. (1st John 3:2-3, 4:7-8,16-21)
It not good enough to simply do good and loving things, you must actually become, at the Being level, a source in which goodness and love flow from, an instrument in which God's love and light can shine unto the world. Your works alone will not save you, it is the purity of the motive and intent driving your good works which will give you salvation. For the Apostle Paul said that even if he gave all his goods to the poor, and had not charity, it profiteth him nothing.(1st Cor 13:2) When you have charity (Not just doing charitable things, but actually possessing this attribute of God), you are at the very core and center, Love.
I will choose to cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of them all. Which means I will question the intent of every course of action I seek to pursue, even on a day to day basis, to see if it is in line with the will of God. Then I will act in accordance to love, and not fear.
This is a hard and tedious thing to do because it goes against my selfish nature, but If I want to expect it to be "well with me" in the last day, I must be found in possession of charity, the pure love of Christ. I can not possess this unless I become this, unlesss my heart is purified through Jesus Christ.
If any of you share the same desires as me let us pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart that we may be filled with this love, which love He hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of His son, Jesus Christ; that we may become the sons and daughters of God, that when He shall appear we shall be like Him, for we shall see him as he is, that we may have this hope: that we may purified, even as He is pure. Amen.  (Moroni 7:48)

No comments:

Post a Comment