Sunday, July 31, 2016

I Can No Longer Remain Silent

November 18th 2015


What you are about to read is for the few who are the humble followers of Christ. It am not writing this for those who will mock, judge, or mourn my decision, but you are welcome to read anyways. I should have shared this months ago, but because I feared man more than God and have procrastinated in doing so. Today, November 18th 2015, was the original anticipated release date of my service as a missionary to the LDS church, however God told me personally to come home in March of this year. Three weeks after returning home local authorities asked me to surrender my temple recommend because although I sustained the President of the Church and the brethren to become prophets, seers, and revelators, I would not testify that they were nor would I place my loyalty and faith in being who is not Jesus Christ. I was ultimately left with the decision to either be excommunicated, or ask to have my name removed from the records of the church. I am guilty of no sin worthy of such action. All I did was testify of the absolute truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, the prophet Joseph Smith, and the God in which we center for life and salvation: Jesus Christ. It was my Heavenly Father's will that I resign in order to develop a more intimate and stronger relationship with His son Jesus Christ. On May 27th 2015 my name was removed from the records of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
I am no longer a member because I can not serve two masters.
I can not keep the commandments of God while also conforming to the policies of the LDS church.
I can not hearken to the voice of the Lord and trust in Him while abiding to the precepts of men and trusting in the arm of flesh.
I can not be a true Mormon and a Christian while being a member of an organization that has strayed from the precepts of the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine of Christ.
I can not walk out onto the water and embrace my loving Savior if I am to hold on to the Good Old Ship Zion.
I am grateful to the LDS Church for introducing me to Mormonism and Jesus Christ, but the church does not own the faith, and truth is independent...

No comments:

Post a Comment