Thursday, December 31, 2020

Sitting on the Fence


 


Analysis paralysis is not righteousness nor will it produce faith.

Below is an excerpt from a recent family email thread about news media sources. I feel it is fitting with some of what Peterson is writing.

"I naturally, and yes, intentionally seek news and news commentary and opinion from those who appear to share common morals, principles, and ideology as I have. I prefer to see the world through the lens that I believe God has given us. After all, society and nations are formed and built upon beliefs and ideology...so I choose to promote and perpetuate those that I feel best reflect the world that I believe God intends and that I want my posterity to inherit. I am frustrated with a society that believes that all sides are valid and worth considering. Trying to teach my children that there is true evil and wrong in this world is very difficult in a world that teaches them that different isn't wrong, it is just...different. God did not come to the world to unite us all in love and harmony. Agency will not allow that. He will come again to separate the wheat from the chaff. God's plan necessarily divides his children. So I would add that while we must think clearly, it is dangerously easy to let intellect and our ability to think rationally force us into analysis paralysis, or to feel false confidence and security as we sit on the fence endlessly rationalizing and debating all sides of an issue instead of choosing a side and taking a stand. Some issues are so repulsive and full of the stench of evil that no debate or consideration is neceasary. Having firm, God-given principles and standards and morals allows us to spot and quickly dismiss so much of the evil and corruption and lies and falsehoods that we would otherwise spend hours ponering and debating and rationalizing - especially when we seek the guidance and renewal of the of the spirit through prayer and sacrament and righteous living, always with compassion and charity and forgiveness. As I see it, there are only two sides. I do not believe that what we are experiencing now as a nation is foreshadowing some distant, future evil and downfall. We are as much in the thick of it as any nation in the Book of Mormon ever was. I believe that the battle lines have been clearly drawn and that it is obvious to those willing and courageous enough to see it. Where do we stand? What do we stand for? Who among our leaders and what among our laws and policies and ideologies support our stand?

Blantant, oppressive, evil censorship in the media is real...and it is happening on ALL media sites and platforms.

All the conservative sites that were reporting the Dominion software issues have been forced to redact and correct clarify their reporting on Dominion..not because it isn't true or worth investigating or reporting, but because they can't afford the impending lawsuits from Dominion and those in the opposition that fund them. That is censorship

No comments:

Post a Comment